Looking for some fun genre activities to review identifying reading genres? Your students will LOVE this scavenger hunt!
The object of the game is to figure out the secret phrase by solving problems and hunting for letters to the phrase.
Includes a printable and Google Forms version.
- Teacher Directions for Setting Up so you know exactly how to set up and
implement the scavenger hunt
- 8 Reading Genre Task Cards that will get your kids up and moving while identifying common reading genres
- Answer Cards to set up around the classroom so your kids are engaged as
they search for the answers
- Distractor Cards with the wrong answers to ensure students think carefully about
the correct answers
- QR Code Answer and Distractor Cards that add a fun element to a digital
classroom (This is an extra option and NOT necessary to use.)
- A Google Forms Version so kids can play online and you save paper.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Carrie- A great activity to make genre identification interactive & fun.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kristin- This is one of my favorite beginning of the year activities that I do with the kids. They love it as well!
Please check out the preview for a closer look and ask questions you may have before purchasing.
Copyright © iHeart Teaching Elementary
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.