It can be difficult for kids to read multisyllabic words in reading passages if they don’t know how to break them apart. This resource will help your students use one of my favorite decoding multisyllabic words strategies that will make them successful in breaking apart 4 and 5-syllable words.
Have multisyllabic word lists at your fingertips so you don’t have to figure out which words you want kids to practice with.
The multisyllabic word games and activities will keep your kids engaged whether it’s in a whole group, small group, or independent setting. Three of the activities and games are both printable and in a Google Slides format.
Click here to SAVE $ when you get the bundle with both volumes (2-5 syllable words).
This resource includes:
- Anchor chart that gives step-by-step instructions for breaking apart 4 and 5-syllable words.
- 8 Common Vowel Sound Posters, Poster Sheet, and Bookmark that students can reference as they break apart words.
- Irregular Sight Syllable Prefixes and Suffixes Lists are included to help students read those prefixes and suffixes that have uncommon sounds.
- 4 and 5 Syllable Word Lists with 95 total words each so you don’t have to come up with your own words for students to practice.
- Answer Key that shows how each word is broken up to make it easy to check.
- 4 Multisyllabic Words Games and Activities to keep kids engaged while practicing decoding multisyllabic words. (Roll and Read Multisyllabic Words, Color the Emoticon, Multisyllabic Words Tic-Tac-Toe, and Spin a Multisyllabic Word) (3 of the activities and games are in a printable and Google format. (Google format was added in summer 2021.)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Elaine S.-“My students loved this resource because this gave them a strategy for breaking down multi-syllable words into parts using syllabication. They were able to decode what they read more quickly and accurately and this helped improve comprehension!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Allison R.- “This has been a great resource to teach students how to decode multisyllabic words. There are plenty of words for them to practice for several days!”
***Check out the video preview under the cover for a closer look!
Please contact me if you have any questions about the product before purchasing.
Copyright © iHeart Teaching Elementary
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.