Let’s get real. Decoding multisyllabic words can be boring. But what if there’s a way to make it fun and for students to be successful at the same time?
That’s why I created this resource that includes a tried and true strategy with activities and games for kids to practice.
And it takes little time to prep. It includes a list of 110 words so you don’t have to spend time looking for words for your kids to practice the strategy with.
Did I mention the activities and games? Because your kids will enjoy them so much, they’ll ask to do them repeatedly.
This resource works well with whole groups, small groups, or when working with individual students. Three of the activities and games are both printable and in a Google Slides format.
Click here to SAVE $ when you get the bundle with both volumes (2-5 syllable words).
- Anchor chart that gives step-by-step instructions for breaking apart 2 and 3-syllable words.
- 8 Common Vowel Sound Posters, Poster Sheet, and Bookmark that students can reference as they break apart words.
- Irregular Sight Syllable Prefixes and Suffixes Lists are included to help students read those prefixes and suffixes that have uncommon sounds.
- 2 and 3 Syllable Word Lists with 55 words each so you don’t have to come up with your own words for students to practice.
- Answer Key that shows how each word is broken up to make it easy to check.
- 4 Multisyllabic Words Games and Activities to keep kids engaged while practicing decoding multisyllabic words. (Roll and Read Multisyllabic Words, Color the Emoticon, Multisyllabic Words Tic-Tac-Toe, and Spin a Multisyllabic Word) 3 of the activities and games are in print and Google format.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Elaine S.-“My students loved this resource because this gave them a strategy for breaking down multi-syllable words into parts using syllabication. They were able to decode what they read more quickly and accurately and this helped improve comprehension!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Allison R.- “This has been a great resource to teach students how to decode multisyllabic words. There are plenty of words for them to practice for several days!”
***Check out the PREVIEW for a closer look!
Copyright ©iHeart Teaching Elementary
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.